I was so happy to be given a Liebster Blog Award from Gayle at Lula Harp! Lula Harp is “one girl’s journey into cooking, crafting, and self-discovery” and well worth your time to peruse. I enjoy sharing my story with you, readers, though sometimes it frightens even me! As part of receiving this blog award, I am posting the rules for the award and five of my favorite blogs (with under 200 followers, as far as I can tell). I’ve been looking at several, some of which you can see in my blog roll. There are a lot of wonderful words and images in these blogs.
Here are the award rules:
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Reveal your top three-five picks for the award (with fewer than 200 followers) and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog. (see below)
- Post the award on your blog.
- Bask in the love from the most supportive people on the blogosphere – other bloggers.
- And, best of all – have fun and spread the karma.
Here are some blogs I have been enjoying and think are deserving of this award (in no particular order):
1. Marc of Right in Front of Me, a blog with some wonderful and varied photographs which I’ve enjoyed browsing.
2. Katja of Words and Food, my friend and cousin who got me into blogging in the first place, who writes about some of the politics in food and indulges her love of writing and of the culinary arts. She’s been diagnosed with celiac disease and takes a critical, humorous, and experimental approach to both making food and analyzing the way it appears in our daily lives.
3. Gayla J. Martin’s blog with her paintings and art. She is a friend and artist, whose work I love looking at.
4. Michael Brian’s “Dog of the Day” project. He has wonderful photos of dogs which are different, creative, and detailed, and there are quotes included with them.
5. Pedro Salma’s Freestyle Blog. The most recent images this reader finds a little risqué, yet I find this blog is so often filled with such interesting images and ideas. Here’s one I very much enjoyed: http://gopantone.com/2011/12/08/paintings-by-daniel-danger/
I’d like to give honorable mention to Kezia Fitzgerald’s New Mom…New Cancer, in which Kezia writes about what it has been like for her and her family to experience having two family members with two different kinds of cancer. Kezia herself had cancer, and their little girl, Saoirse, had cancer, and just passed away on Tuesday. This is an amazing family and Saoirse was an amazing little girl. This blog is well worth the read, but I don’t want to give them the responsibility of nominating five other blogs right now. Saoirse’s father also has a blog, My Family Has Cancer–my favorite post is “She Loves.”
I love praise and attention, so thank you again, Gayle!